Bulktober: October 17th – 23rd
The third full week of October is National Bulk Foods Week. To celebrate, the Co-op is giving you a 10% discount, all week long, on all of our dry bulk bins and bulk coffee beans. October is also Fair Trade Month and all of our coffee beans are Fair Trade Certified. Stop by the Co-op and stock up on all of your staple pantry items and favorite snacks!
Why Buy Bulk?
- Buying in bulk saves you money because there is no fancy packaging to drive up the cost.
- We fill our bulk bins daily and move through stock relatively quickly, so you get the freshest products!
- You can buy as little or as much as you need (a pinch or a pound) which makes purchasing ingredients for a recipe super simple and typically will result in less food waste overall.
- You can reduce your use of plastic bags and packaging. Paper bags are provided, or you can bring your own bags/containers from home.
Tips for Shopping in the Bulk Aisle:
- Bring your own containers if you can. You’ll not only be helping the environment by avoiding plastic or paper bags but this can also help keep your pantry organized when you are putting your groceries away. Don’t forget to weigh your empty containers first so we don’t charge you for their extra weight!
- Don’t be fooled by the price per pound. Often an item weighs only a fraction of a pound at checkout and the savings are still significant over packaged goods. You can also use our scale to weigh your items as you go.
- Be sure to write the PLU (Price Look-Up) Code so that the cashiers can ring up your purchases.
- Please do not mix bulk items in the same container.
PLEASE NOTE: this sale is for dry bulk goods and coffee only. Bulk spices, teas, liquids, and items in the deli case (tofu, feta, olives) are excluded. Member discounts DO apply.
Don’t forget to check out our Monthly Sales!