Discover The Delicious Cheese Of The MonthDecember 1, 2021 2021-12-03 12:45
Discover The Delicious Cheese Of The Month
Each and every month we highlight a specialty cheese as our “Cheese Of The Month”. You’ll automatically receive 10% off each time you purchase the cheese for the entire month!
NEW! We’ve now partnered with Griff’s Beverage Center on Market St to offer “The Perfect Pair” – each Cheese Of The Month will now come with a recommended beer pairing! You will also be able to take your Co-op receipt into Griff’s and receive 10% off the curated beer pairing. Cheese and beer do seem like the perfect pair!
December Cheese Of The Month
Double Crème French Brie
Brie is a soft cheese made of cow’s milk and named for the region in France where it originated.
It is pale with a rind of white mold that is typically eaten. Brie may be produced from whole or semi-skimmed milk is aged 5-6 weeks and is a good source of vitamins B2 and B12. Double crème Brie contains 60 – 75% butterfat which results in a creamier cheese with a wonderful buttery taste. Eat Brie close to its “best before” date in order to ensure that it has reached full maturity.
- Serve Brie with fresh fruit such as berries, pears, apples, or grapes.
- Spread it on focaccia and top with roasted tomatoes and fresh herbs for a starter, or layer it with apple slices, bake in a puff pastry and serve with warm caramel for dessert.
- As a quick lunch, toss brie slices with hot pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, and black olives.
Brie with Orange Preserves and Almonds Recipe
Incredibly simple and delicious, Brie’s rich, creamy flavor makes it a crowd favorite.
- 1 (3-inch) round of Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade (with peels)
- 1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the sliced almonds onto a sheet tray and lightly toast. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Carefully trim and discard the top rind of the Brie. Place Brie onto a small baking pan or oven-proof plate. Spread the marmalade onto the exposed cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until slightly warmed through. Remove from oven and place warmed Brie onto a small plate. Garnish with almonds and serve with crackers or baguette slices.
Shared from National Co+op Grocers
The Perfect Pair with…
Duvel Belgian Golden Ale
Duvel is a natural beer with a subtle bitterness, a refined flavor, and a distinctive hop character. The refermentation in the bottle and long maturation, guarantees a pure character, delicate effervescence, and a pleasant sweet taste of alcohol.
Thanks to its surprisingly high alcohol content (8.5 %), enormous head, fine effervescence, and silky smooth feel in the mouth, Duvel stands out clearly from other Belgian beers.
In addition to the Cheese Of The Month, check out the current monthly sales at the Co-op!